1/1 Photo of B L T Sandwiches Supreme
A delicious BLT sandwich prepared either with bacon or vegetarian bacon. I came up with this recipe after having just come home from the farmers' market with a large bag of fresh produce, a rumbly tummy, and determination on my face. If you're taking the vegetarian route, you can use Morning Star Farms' brand fake bacon ("facon") or we prefer to use tempeh bacon because the slices are thick. For regular bacon, if you're a black pepper lover, try pepper bacon from the deli! My brother suggested the optional avocado and sprouts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf of your favorite artisan style bread such as olive bread, multi grain or 1 loaf seeded bread, etc
- 4 slices bacon or 4 slices vegetarian bacon
- mixed greens (mezclun) or baby spinach leaves or both mixed greens and spinach, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 small firm roma tomatoes, sliced or 2 small yellow tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- mayonnaise, for spreading
- salt or fresh ground pepper
- fresh basil leaf (not dried)
- avocado, sliced (optional)
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- 1Cook bacon until crisp and set aside on a paper towel to soak up the grease, if necessary.
- 2You can toast or leave untoasted the bread. Cut bread into sandwich slices.
- 3Spread a little bit of mayonnaise or pesto onto one side of each slice of bread.
- 4Layer the bacon, the salad greens, the tomatoes, the red onion, and basil leaves, the avocado and alfalfa sprouts if using onto one slice of bread. I use about four basil leaves for each sandwich. Season sandwich with salt and pepper if desired.
- 5Place the other slice of bread on top and very gently push down on the sandwich.
- 6Cut in half or in quarters.
- 7Serve with a smile on your face.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for B L T Sandwiches Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.3
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 381.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: