Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe at a family reunion. It's so good! Just like a B.L.T. sandwich but without the bread. This recipe you can use regular dairy if you like.
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large tomatoes, cored, and chopped
- Blend together buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, and spices. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Fry bacon crisp, drain and crumble in small pieces.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Combine lettuce, tomato and bacon.
- Toss with dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers promptly.
I love this! I could almost eat the dressing with a spoon! I couldn't find fast-free buttermilk, so used full-fat. I already had on-hand the light mayo and sour cream, so used those. I've eaten this 3 times this week! Thanks so much for sharing Karen! Made for a Cookathon for KBerry at KK's forum!