Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The garlic in this salad really stands out. It is so good.
Make and share this B.l.t. Lettuce Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (about 8 cups) or 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the lettuce on the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Layer over that the tomatoes, crumbled bacon, and croutons. In a blender on medium-high speed, blend the mayonnaise, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad but don't toss it! (That'll ruin it's super looks.).
I made it with Romaine and left out the croutons for a little lower carb salad and I loved it. The dressing is very nice too!
Delicious! loved it dressing was great and could eat this everyday...thanks.
Wonderful! Definite winner and will make again. Sliced the bacon into pcs ranging from 1/2" to 1" and then pan-fried, which I did the day before for easy assembling the next day. Next time will cook just a tad more as it softens up a bit after mixed with the salad. Used a bit more milk to thin out the dressing, also didn't add all the dressing to the salad, this way people who wanted more could add more, though no one did. Used a vegetable seasoning mix instead of garlic powder. Tossed most of the items together, while reserving a few sliced grape tomatoes, bacon, croutons to place on top for aesthetic purposes at serving. Had requests to make this again next weekend, and I'm more than happy to comply. This is also the same as Blt Salad , # 115388