1/1 Photo of B. L. P. (Bacon, Leek & Potato) Soup
Simple and hearty soup. Serve with crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Do not drain.
- 2Mash potatoes until smooth or leave chunky for a little texture, depending on how smooth you want the soup. (can use a hand blender or potato masher).
- 3Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease.
- 4Sautee the leeks and garlic in the frying pan with the reserved bacon grease 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Stir the fried leeks, cream and bacon into the potatoes. Stir to blend, season to taste. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for B. L. P. (Bacon, Leek & Potato) Soup
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 855.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.3 g