Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and hearty soup. Serve with crusty bread.
Make and share this B. L. P. (Bacon, Leek & Potato) Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Do not drain.
- Mash potatoes until smooth or leave chunky for a little texture, depending on how smooth you want the soup. (can use a hand blender or potato masher).
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease.
- Sautee the leeks and garlic in the frying pan with the reserved bacon grease 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir the fried leeks, cream and bacon into the potatoes. Stir to blend, season to taste. Serve hot.
This tasted great however I found the instructions Really vague.. The store I went too had 3 different sizes of leeks.. It says just add 3... And it says 8 potatoes... well what sues potatoes and what type? I ended up usei g russets which where a bigger potato and after the cream went in it was still way to thick.. It was almost the consistency of mash potatoes I had to ad double the cream and another cup of broth... I followed the recipe exactly.. So I concluded there was to many potatoes in it... Which means that I bought potatoes that where to big... And the store had even bigger ones.. It would be better if u did the potatoes by volume or weight or state what size and type.. But other than this... Amazing simple recipe
Delicious soup! The only change I made was to puree the leeks...or I would at least chop them up a bit. Wouldn't change any else.
Really yummy. The only thing i did differently was to use the pot I fried the bacon in to create the soup (I wanted to get all the nice little crispy pieces of bacon). I also added celery & carrots-just can't seem to make a soup w/o adding those 2 ingrediants. Thanks for an easy pot-o-soup. DELICIOUS!