Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
B&K Drive-In at Logansport, Indiana
- 2 lbs 70% lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups tomato ketchup
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Do not cook hamburger meat first. Mix raw hamburger with the water and add all the ingredients together in a pot.
- Simmer for 1 hour. Spoon over hot dogs, or delicious served on a bun by itself.
For you who have never tried a B&K Spanish hot dog, you need to. B&K root beer stands are hard to find, however, there are two in Logansport, Indiana. If you are ever close to Logansport it is worth a side trip. The key to a good B&K Spanish Hot dog are three things, the sauce, of course, a good hot dog, (10 to 1), and a soft steamed bun.
Their are also 2 Locations In Peru,IN they have been here Since I was a Child and are very good Place to eat I make the recipe when they are closed for the season.
I'm originally from Peru, IN, and I've been to B&K many, many times. I made this recipe last night as stated, and it tasted nothing like the original sauce. I was so disappointed. I froze what we didn't eat in small batches, so I can try tweaking the recipe so it's closer to the original. It was very bland, and that was even after I added extra Mexene Chili Powder.