Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy to assemble comfort dish. Goes well with side dish of green beans and/or cole slaw. DH asked me to add this to the "regulars". Those who like things spicy can add kickers.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cansbush's black-eyed peas
- 2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
- Prepare rice according to package directions, using chicken broth as the liquid and additional water, if needed.
- Brown Sausage.
- Add browned sausage, rice, chopped onion, black-eyed peas, seasoning together. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.