Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From an old Betty Crocker Cookbook. Dough roll can be frozen, thaw before slicing. Time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mixed candied fruit, chopped
- 1 cup candied cherry
- Mix butter, sugar and egg; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into roll 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours, (Can be frozen at this point if desired).
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut rolls into 1/8 inch slices; place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes.
- Remove immediately from baking sheet.