1/8 Photos of B B's Brownies
When I first learned to cook... (more than 60 years ago!) my mother wrote out a recipe for Brownies on the back inside cover of her cookbook "All About Home Baking" copyright 1933. On the inside cover, she wrote, "To Barbara with loving memories, Mother. August 4, 1974. The one recipe for brownies contained in the book is not the one she wrote on the back. It begins: 1.Utensils 2.Ingredients 3.Light oven 4.Grease pan 5.Start I even wrote the specific utensils in the corner. Ahhh... I love these memories. The brownies are very light, and fudge-like, and the best I have ever had. I could not find a recipe like it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease 8x8 inch pan, flour, and line with wax paper.
- 2Separate eggs, set whites aside.
- 3In a large bowl, by hand, beat egg yolks with sugar, until thick and creamy.
- 4Add butter, cocoa, and vanilla and mix. (I pack down the cocoa in a 1/4 cup measure, then put it in a small prep bowl, adding a little water at a time to make it "shiny".).
- 5Add sifted flour, and stir in gently and thoroughly.
- 6Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 7Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- 8Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 9When done, dust with confectioners sugar.
- 10When cooled 5 minutes, cut into 16 squares and remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for B B's Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 59.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g