Recipe by Chef David Marion(alton brown wannabe)
This is an atempt at a low sugar, low sodium, tasty, thick barbeque sauce. It has been taste tested by friends and neighbors who like barbeque.
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- put tomato paste, molasses, soy sauce, cider vinegar, and honey in a non-reactive bowl. warm in microwave @1 minute to mix easier.
- toss the dry ingredients in a bowl to mix together, then mix in the wet ingredients.
- store in squeezable ketchup or mayonaise bottle in your refrigerator.