Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple and quick dinner to toss together on those busy nights when you feel totally frazzled. It is also a wonderful dish to serve when you have company.
- 1 (10 ounce) refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups prepared barbecued chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 3 -4 dashes pepper sauce (optional)
- On a greased jelly-roll pan unroll pizza dough.
- Using hands press dough into a 10x12" rectangle.
- Build up the edges slightly.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread chicken evenly over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro (and dash with pepper sauce if desired).
- Bake 12-15 minutes more.
Thanks to Pic A Chef I picked this recipe to try.
For our pizza I chose to add grilled chicken topped with smoked barbeque sauce on top.
The fresh celentro made this pizza totally.
Nice pizza to make.
I made as individual pizzas and added some freshly sliced field mushroom as I had one that needed to be used up and the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed. Cooked on a tray at 200C fan forced for 12 minutes for lovely brown bubbly gooey cheese. Thank you Chef Buggsy Mate, made for Make My Redicip - Edition 14.
I baked 3 large chicken breasts, bone-in, skin on, with Bull's Eye BBQ sauce before hand. Made my own pizza dough in the bread maker and used a thin layer of the BBQ sauce on the dough as suggested by another reviewer. We added a few veggies to individual pizzas such as green onions and mushrooms. I'll try some jalapeño jack cheese next time as I think it would go nice with the BBQ flavour. I enjoyed the leftovers for my lunch today :). Thanks for a change of pace from the usual pizza. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '11 :D