Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who says you have to add dairy to make a smoothie? Make this delicious ready to go smoothie in a flash using all fresh fruit! The blackberries give this smoothie its delicious color, the bananas make it thick and rich!
- 1 banana, ripe (or 2 small)
- 1 cup blackberry (I use fresh)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (or to your desired preference)
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more orange juice if you like your consistency thinner.
- Taste your smoothie, you may want to add more or less sugar to your own taste.
- Makes 1 generous sized portion.
Good base recipe you can customize to your taste. I added strawberries as well and a little bit extra sugar since the blackberries I had were particularly tart. I prefer a slightly thicker consistency but this was ok.
Great smoothie! I like my smoothies best without yogurt or dairy in them and this was so good! Thanks for posting Bev!
This was a good smoothie - I didn't need any sugar as the berries I had were frozen with just a bit of sugar on them. I preferred half a banana and DH preferred the whole banana. Thanks for a light snack