Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Eat up those summer tomatoes!! The basil adds the perfect complement to a great classic sandwich.
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced into 4 thick slices (perfectly vine ripened and juicy)
- 1⁄8 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, julienned
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Assemble sandwiches by layering bacon, tomato slices, lettuce, and basil on toast that has been spread with mayo.
After my enormous caloric consumption while competing in the Zaar World Tour, I think even Richard Simmons would be delighted with me eating this. Babysteps, Richard, I'm getting back on track with babysteps! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
Easy to make and made a filling lunch. The only thing different I did was to add some sliced avocado and this took it to another level. A real 'keeper' for us :)
If you are after a quick and delicious light dinner this is the recipe for you. DM, DS and myself thoroughly enjoyed these with a little slaw on the side. The warm crispy toast married with the salty crispy bacon and the tasty sweet basil and chilled crispy lettuce and sweet mayo and you are in heaven. Thank you Vicki in CT for a definate keeper. Made for Edition 4 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.