Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Modified from the B&B at Harrison's, Calgary, Alberta.
- 19 ounces peaches, cubed
- 19 ounces pears, drained, cubed
- 14 ounces pineapple, chunks, drained
- 12 red maraschino cherries, see note
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fruit juice, see note
- 3⁄4-1 cup fruit juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -4 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 -4 tablespoons melted honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Note: Drain but SAVE unused juices for fruit. You can play with the amount of fruits from 14 to 19 ounces.
- Fruit salad Instructions:.
- Place fruit in a shallow baking dish. Mix melted butter, juice, brown sugar, curry powder and Tabasco then spoon over fruit. Cover and bake 45 minutes in a 350°F oven. Top with vinaigrette if desired or place on side. Serve Immediately.
- Whisk mustard and maple syrup into juices then drizzle in olive oil whisking to blend as you drizzle. Stir in thyme, salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Shake well before using and use within a few days. Use in place of mayonnaise for slaw, or tasty on green or fresh fruit salads.
- Servings a guess.