Grand Marnier Layer
- 10 1⁄2 ounces semisweet fine chocolate
- 1 1⁄3 ounces Grand Marnier
- 5 1⁄4 ounces heavy cream
- 10 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate
- 5 1⁄3 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 1⁄3 ounces Kahlua
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 lb milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 lb white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces heavy cream
- mint creme anglaise (Mint Creme Anglaise)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of an 8" springform pan with parchment paper.
- Then proceed as follows: Grand Marnier Layer.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the Grand Marnier.
- In a small pan, bring the cream[i]just[/i] to a boil.
- Incorporate the hot cream into the melted chocolate slowly with a whisk.
- Pour into pan and chill until set.
- Kahlua Layer.
- In a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate with the butter and Kahlua.
- Cool to room temperature and then whisk in the egg yolk.
- When cool, pour over first layer which has been set.
- Chill until set.
- Whiskey Layer.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolates and butter.
- Whisk in the whiskey and cream (you will have to whisk briskly to incorporate the whiskey).
- Cool to room temperature and then add to layers already set.
- Freeze overnight until hardened, cover with plastic wrap.
- Dress each plate with a"pool" of[recipe=43374]Mint Cream Anglaise 43374[/recipe, unmold and serve each slice on a dressed plate.