Recipe by islandgirl77551
A recipe for potstickers from the wonton wrapper package. Use tofu instead of meat to make these vegetarian.
Top Review by Dawnab
This was really great, directions are right on and the taste is really good. I ran out of chicken broth so the last batch I made with beef broth and it was goos too, thanks for a keeper, Dawn
- 3⁄4 lb ground lean pork (can use beef,chicken or tofu instead)
- 1 cup cabbage (finely chopped)
- 8 water chestnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers (round)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat or tofu and cabbage,water chestnuts,green onions,ginger,soy sauce and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place one teaspoon of filling in each wrap, fold and seal edges, turn pot sticker seam side up, then set down firmly on a flat surface to create a flat bottom.
- Divide potstickers into 3 batches and cook each batch as follows.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Brown bottoms of potstickers.
- Add 1 cup of broth, cover skillet and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncoverand cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove and serve with dipping sauces.