Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe for potstickers from the wonton wrapper package. Use tofu instead of meat to make these vegetarian.
- 3⁄4 lb ground lean pork (can use beef,chicken or tofu instead)
- 1 cup cabbage (finely chopped)
- 8 water chestnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers (round)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Combine meat or tofu and cabbage,water chestnuts,green onions,ginger,soy sauce and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place one teaspoon of filling in each wrap, fold and seal edges, turn pot sticker seam side up, then set down firmly on a flat surface to create a flat bottom.
- Divide potstickers into 3 batches and cook each batch as follows.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Brown bottoms of potstickers.
- Add 1 cup of broth, cover skillet and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncoverand cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove and serve with dipping sauces.
This was really great, directions are right on and the taste is really good. I ran out of chicken broth so the last batch I made with beef broth and it was goos too, thanks for a keeper, Dawn