Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the first egg rolls I ever made years ago & they were so good that I never tried another recipe. I found it on the back of the package of Azumaya Large Square Egg Roll Wrappers. The secret is definitely in the oyster sauce, so don't leave that out.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (or a little more)
- 2 cups of finely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded carrot
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (usually can be found at the grocery, but you can check your local Asian market)
- black pepper
- 20 large square egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- your favorite sweet and sour sauce
- Stir fry meat & ginger in a wide skillet over high heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot & green onions; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in oyster sauce and season with black pepper.
- Remove from heat & let mixture cool.
- Use 2 tablespoons for each egg roll.
- To Wrap: place filling diagonally on wrapper, fold corner over filling, roll roughly half-way to cover filling, fold up both sides roughly against filling; moisten ends of last flap with water, roll over flap to seal; lay flap side down until ready to cook.
- Deep fry in oil (it says 350, if you use an electric wok), I do it in a cast iron skillet on the stove.
- Fry 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with sweet & sour sauce.
This was also the first egg roll recipe I tried and I definitely will keep this. I had doubled the recipe, thinking that it would be too much, even for my family of 6, but they were all eaten by next day! I actually used ground turkey for the meat and red cabbage and I added mushrooms, but they turned out just as good anyway. Deee-lish! X3
Wonderful! These were easy and full of flavor. I thought with 20 eggrolls there would be plenty of leftovers. But I thought wrong, we could have eaten more. I followed the recipe exactly. Made "Recipe #89827" and "Recipe #26230" for dipping.
These were Wonderful! Nice and crispy with a perfect blend of veggies and meat. I think this should say 20 egg rolls instead of 20 servings because they are so good it is impossible to stop at just one! I am so glad I tagged this because we loved them!