1/2 Photos of Azumaya Egg Rolls
These are the first egg rolls I ever made years ago & they were so good that I never tried another recipe. I found it on the back of the package of Azumaya Large Square Egg Roll Wrappers. The secret is definitely in the oyster sauce, so don't leave that out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (or a little more)
- 2 cups of finely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrot
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (usually can be found at the grocery, but you can check your local Asian market)
- black pepper
- 20 large square egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- your favorite sweet and sour sauce
- 1Stir fry meat & ginger in a wide skillet over high heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot & green onions; cook 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in oyster sauce and season with black pepper.
- 4Remove from heat & let mixture cool.
- 5Use 2 tablespoons for each egg roll.
- 6To Wrap: place filling diagonally on wrapper, fold corner over filling, roll roughly half-way to cover filling, fold up both sides roughly against filling; moisten ends of last flap with water, roll over flap to seal; lay flap side down until ready to cook.
- 7Deep fry in oil (it says 350, if you use an electric wok), I do it in a cast iron skillet on the stove.
- 8Fry 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Serve warm with sweet & sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Azumaya Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g