Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Get out the fondue pot, and have a ball creating this Mexican fondue dish to please your palate! Great for parties and friends getting together to set around the table and "Do Fondue"!
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
My family really enjoyed this. We love Fondue and Mexican flavors, and here they meet. I think it needed more broth, because it was a little too thick for easy dipping. We used Pita bread, bell peppers, olives, and tortilla chips for dippers. Made for Newest Tag Feb. 2008.
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (13 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- tortilla chips
- corn chips
- pita bread
- ripe olives
- red pepper
- green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together cheese and flour.
- Heat broth in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, until bubbles rise.
- Turn heat to med-low, and add cheese and flour blend, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until cheese is melted after each addition.
- Stir in taco mix, oregano, and crushed cumin seed.
- Transfer to a fondue pot, and serve immediately, along with all your dippers.