Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing fruit salad flavored with tequila and lime!
- 6 oranges
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries...whatever you like)
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- brown sugar, to taste
- lime zest, to decorate
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slice off the top and bottom of each of the oranges, then remove the peel and pith, careful to retain the shape of the oranges.
- Hold oranges on their side and cut horizontally into slices.
- Place oranges in a nonmetallic bowl. Cut the lime in half and squeeze over the oranges. Sprinkle with the tequila and liqueur then sprinkle over the brown sugar to taste (two tablespoons or so should be plenty).
- Cover and chill till ready to serve, then transfer to a serving dish, mix gently with the berries and decorate with lime zest. Enjoy!
Light refreshing and tangy, this was a perfect light finish for a lazy supper. I used very little sugar as the fruit was quite sweet. Next time, and there will be one, I might play with the alcohol ratios to use a little more orange liquor (a favorite). Wasn't sure how to best serve the oranges when I remembered that I had an abundance of berries which were perfect here.