Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't remember where I got this from, but family and friends really like it. I wanted to post it here to find out nutrition and as a good place to keep.
- 10 tortillas
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup salsa
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat and drain.
- In same pan, stir in salsa, tomato sauce & taco seasoning. Simmer, stirring often for 5 minute.
- In seperate bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese & oregano.
- Line bottom of greased 13 X 9 pan with half of tortillas, overlapping edges. Top with half of meat mixture. Spoon cottage chees mixture over meat. Arrange remaining tortillas over cottage cheese; spread rest of meat mixture over top . Place shredded cheese over all.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minute before cutting.
This recipe is very similar to the Aztec brand of tortillas. Very simple to put together. I like to add beans and corn to the recipe.