Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from Gifts from the Southwest Kitchen. The spiced chocolate mix is reminiscent of the popular Mexican varieties. This makes 10 servings or can be divided into individual servings (1/4 cup each) and given as a gift with a nice mug. Update: Annacia just Zamiled me that she has now mixed this with hot coffee with excellent results for a nice mocha.
Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
To make chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup hot chocolate powder
- 3⁄4 cup water, boiling or 3⁄4 cup hot coffee
- 1 -2 drop vanilla extract
- Put all of the mix ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- To make the hot chocolate, put 1/4 cup of the mix into a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling hot water or coffee, stir in a couple of drops of vanilla extract; stir until well mixed. Enjoy.
Love the flavors in this. The allspice is a nice touch. I made with water, but will try it with coffee soon. Great idea for gift giving. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
This was delicious, I mixed it with coffee and had a wonderfully warming drink to soothe me after a long day - just loved the flavors blended with the coffee, so rich. I used Splenda instead of the sugar, and it did not detract from the flavor at all. Thanks Paula G for the sweet treat! Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 2009.
Great hot choc mix! DH took a jar into the office to use in their less than exceptional coffee. He reports that it really perks things up. I will use this all winter. Thanks Paula!