Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love Mark Bittman's recipes and can't wait to try this! Posted for safekeeping. I will probably try this with almond milk.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the spiced whipped cream:.
- Whip heavy cream with 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and vanilla til soft peaks form; set aside.
- For the hot chocolate:.
- Warm the milk til it just begins to bubble and the chocolate is melted (don’t let it boil).
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with the spiced whipped cream.