Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
If you like hot chocolate, give this a shot! It's smokey, spicy, sweet and rich. SO good!!! You will need to chill the mixture for up to 24 hours before to let the flavours meld. This is a BHG recipe and was listed with Sweetened Whipped Cream. Enjoy!
- 946.36 ml milk
- 473.18 ml half-and-half or 473.18 ml whole milk
- 4.92 ml instant espresso coffee powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml dried chipotle powder
- 354.88 ml semisweet chocolate pieces
- sweetened whipped cream (Sweetened Whipped Cream) (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a large bowl combine milk, half-and-half, coffee powder, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the ground chipotle chile pepper. If desired, cover bowl and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Transfer mixture to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in chocolate pieces. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 hours, whisking vigorously once halfway through cooking time. Serve immediately or keep warm on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- Before serving, whisk well. To serve, ladle beverage into heatproof mugs or cups. If desired, garnish each serving with whipped cream and/or sprinkle with additional cinnamon.