Recipe by KelBel
Spicy and sweet. Over the holidays last year, I had hot chocolate with cayenne pepper in it. It was unexpectedly delicious. If you try this, add the cayenne, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was quite the treat. A nice mug of thick, rich, creamy, dark chocolate, flavored with red pepper, vanilla and honey. What an awesome treat. I added more honey to the chocolate to bring out all of the lovely spices and for added sweetness, I also added a pinch of corse sea salt. It truly is a taste experience, not to be missed.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, sugar, honey, ginger, cloves and red pepper.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk, stir in cocoa and vanilla. Stir briskly until frothy.
- Serve in warm cups. Top with whipped cream.