1/4 Photos of Aztec Hot Chocolate
Spicy and sweet. Over the holidays last year, I had hot chocolate with cayenne pepper in it. It was unexpectedly delicious. If you try this, add the cayenne, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine milk, sugar, honey, ginger, cloves and red pepper.
- 2Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3With wire whisk, stir in cocoa and vanilla. Stir briskly until frothy.
- 4Serve in warm cups. Top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aztec Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g