Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of the great things about chili is all the interesting ingredients that different people put in it. This is a delicious chili that I found in a garage sale cookbook that was falling apart. I saved the recipes that looked good to me and this was one of them. Super good!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (don't drain!)
- 2 (16 ounce) canswhole pinto beans
- 2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- Combine first ten ingredients in microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in 1-2 T water if mixture becomes too dry.
- Microwave on high 2 and 1/2 to 3 minutes or till onions are tender crisp.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Stir in turkey.
- Microwave on high 10-13 minutes or til turkey is partially done, stirring once.
- Add tomatoes, beans, peppers and chocolate.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on medium for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, diced onions and tortilla chips.
Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. This was awesome chili and because it was so thick we thought it would make a great filling for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. This was the first time that I"ve ever used chocolate in a chili recipe or any other entree for that matter and I have to say it tasted pretty good. This recipe is easily halved. Thanks for posting this Recipe Junkie! Updated 1/13/09 to add stars - forgot to add them the first time. Sorry Recipe Junkie!
This was fabulous. I've never used chocolate in savoury dishes before and it was fantastic. Thank you!