Recipe Junkie's Note:
One of the great things about chili is all the interesting ingredients that different people put in it. This is a delicious chili that I found in a garage sale cookbook that was falling apart. I saved the recipes that looked good to me and this was one of them. Super good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (don't drain!)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole pinto beans
- 2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1Combine first ten ingredients in microwave safe dish.
- 2Microwave on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes.
- 3Stir in 1-2 T water if mixture becomes too dry.
- 4Microwave on high 2 and 1/2 to 3 minutes or till onions are tender crisp.
- 5Let stand 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in turkey.
- 7Microwave on high 10-13 minutes or til turkey is partially done, stirring once.
- 8Add tomatoes, beans, peppers and chocolate.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Microwave on medium for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
- 11Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, diced onions and tortilla chips.
Nutritional Facts for Aztec Gold Chili
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 881.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 42.7 g