Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great corn recipe to serve at your next BBQ. You do it in advance and just finish cooking just before serving. Great flavor and you will get a few OOHs from your guests
- Carefully peel back the husks from the corn and remove all the silk (be careful not to tear the husks).
- Remove the cob from the husks without tearing the husks.
- Discard 2 husks and soak the remaining 8 in water for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the corn from the cobs, discard cobs.
- Mix together the peppers, cilantro onions and corn.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and saute the corn mixture for about 5 minutes. The corn should still be crunchy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the husks from the water and dry the inside of the husk with a paper towel.
- Spoon about 1 cup of the mixture into each husk, fold the husk around the corn and tie (use a waxed cord, if possible) at the top and around the middle so the husk is securely around the corn mixture. (You can prepare the recipe to this point several hours ahead of time, keep at room temperature).
- Arrange the husks around the outer edge of the BBQ, cook until heated through approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn several times, mist with water to prevent burning (the husks will be slightly charred but not black).
- Remove cords and serve immediately.
Oh Bergy, what a wonderful way to prepare corn! It was fantastic! We prepared it a time back and I forgot to review it, I'm sorry. It looked so beautiful with rib-eye steaks but, I held out on the jalapeÃ±os. Instead, I used some crushed red pepper flakes and had the jalapeÃ±os on the side. Since we grill out all year round - I will have a lot of opportunities to serve it. Thanks for sharing, it was delicious, Diane :=)
All I can say is, Oh My Goodness, that was wonderful! The only thing I could not do was get the corn mixture into the husk, so I put the mix in aluminum foil and wrapped is really good, then grilled. Marvey!! Thank you for the recipe.