Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I think this is off about.com, I don't remember, but it's lovely, and perfect for keeping warm. If I don't have chocolate, I use cocoa or hot chocolate instead of real chocolate. The chili chocolate mixture is also said to induce... romance!
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 vanilla beans or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- red chili pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 45 g bittersweet chocolate
- Simmer milk in a saucepan with vanilla bean, cinnamon and chili. Heat through for about a minute.
- Whisk in grated chocolate, and continue to simmer until melted.
- Remove from heat and let 'steep' for another 2 minutes.
- Strain out the spices and serve.
One can avoid buying the extra ingredients for this. Just buy Mexican chocolate and shave it into your hot milk. I make this on every historical outing I go on... very good! Thanks