Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This a wonderful dish I tried in the Azores and loved it!
- 3 lbs octopus
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 onions
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, diced
- 2 -3 cups red wine
- 8 potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red pepper paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dashes ground cloves
- 2 dashes white pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Cut the octupus in peaces or if they are small just take out the eyes and the inside of the head.
- Cook the octupus with the wine.
- Pour the olive oil and the other ingredients.
- Let it stand over low heat.
- Add the potatoes and wait until they are cooked.
- You may cook the potatoes with the skin in a separate pan with garlic and red pepper pasete and serve together.
- You may use the same recipe for big squids.
Very good! I added little red potatoes and it was just as tasty!