Recipe by WicklewoodWench
A deliciously different take on the simple dumpling. These can be made gluten free by subbing the flour for the same amount of gf flour mix and ¼ teaspoon of Xanthan or Guar gum
- 170.09 g self-rising flour
- 2.46 ml dried herbs
- 85.04 g shredded suet
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh parsley or 4.92 ml dried parsley
- water, to bind
- 85.04 g smoked bacon, rashers finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and seasoning, add the mixed herbs and parsley and mix well.
- Rub in the suet, adding just enough water to make firm dough.
- Shape into 12 balls.
- Make an indentation with the thumb in each ball and push in a little chopped bacon.
- Dampen the edges, pinch together and re-roll the ball.
- The finished dumplings can be boiled in a saucepan of water for about 40-50 mins or can be added to casseroles or soups or stews for the equivalent time before the end of the cooking period.