A deliciously different take on the simple dumpling. These can be made gluten free by subbing the flour for the same amount of gf flour mix and ¼ teaspoon of Xanthan or Guar gum
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix together the flour and seasoning, add the mixed herbs and parsley and mix well.
- 2Rub in the suet, adding just enough water to make firm dough.
- 3Shape into 12 balls.
- 4Make an indentation with the thumb in each ball and push in a little chopped bacon.
- 5Dampen the edges, pinch together and re-roll the ball.
- 6The finished dumplings can be boiled in a saucepan of water for about 40-50 mins or can be added to casseroles or soups or stews for the equivalent time before the end of the cooking period.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ayrshire Bacon Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 345.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: