1/2 Photos of Ayam Bali (Balinese Chicken)
Adopted recipe, not yet tried by me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (I'd triple this, at least!)
- 1-3 hot red chili pepper, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml toasted cashew nuts
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml palm sugar or 9.85 ml light brown sugar
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs or 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch or 907.18 g coconut milk
- additional toasted cashew nuts (to garnish)
- 1Combine the onion, garlic, chili peppers, cashew nuts, lemon juice,soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in an electric blender or food processor and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat and saute the chicken until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add the blended mixture and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the coconut milk, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Garnish with toasted cashews.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ayam Bali (Balinese Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.4
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 504.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 47.1 g