Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Absolutely delicious!!! Its from Patrick Bouilly of the Quebec Tourism & Hotel Institute and published in a new Canadian magazine called "Chocolate".
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat the milk, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat - do not allow to boil.
- Mix cocoa, sugar & corn starch in a small bowl with a few drops of cold milk.
- Stir into the hot milk and allow to thicken over low heat.
- Remove pod & stick, pour milk into individual cups and garnish with almonds.