Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We called them Awful Potatoes in the hopes that others wouldn't try them and there would be more left for us. Unfortunately, everyone in the family is on to us and digs right in.
- Cook potatoes in salted water until done.
- Drain and put back into the pan.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese and garlic salt; mash.
- Turn into baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 to 50 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
These awful potatoes sure did taste awful, good that is! I didn't use as much sour cream as called for, and used lite cream cheese. My son loved them, thanks for posting. =)
I made these for a dinner party recently. They were a huge hit. I had NO leftovers. I added some minced garlic and whipping cream as well. YUMMY!!!
This recipe was fabulous! Thanks so much! I am adding it to my top ten recipes. My family raved about it! Thanks for posting it!