Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I call these "Awful, Awful potatoes" because they are "Awful" easy to make and "Awful" good to eat. This dish goes well with beef, pork, lamb or chicken.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cut peeled potatoes in 1/4-inch slices and arrange in 9x13 baking dish.
- In a safe container, microwave butter, oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper for 15-20 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Stir mixture and pour evenly over the potato slices.
- Bake in a 400°F degrees oven for 25-30 minutes or until brown around the edges.
Yummy and can be made with endless variations.
I thought these would be very good but I'm sorry to say they were not. Way, way to much oil and they were not seasoned enough. I may try the method again but not this recipe. Sorry
These were very tastey, but we found them much too oily, if I do them again, I would use a quarter of the oil,(I spread them on paper towel), but you are right they are very awful to have to often, we will keep them as a treat. Thanks Dorothy