Recipe by Dicewoman
1 16 oz. can tomato sauce 1/2 cup chopped onions 1 tsp. minced garlic 1 tsp. dried basil 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary 1/4 tsp. oregano 1 tsp. sugar 2 tbsp. olive oil
Top Review by Mrs. Sunshine
Absolutely awesome! Just got through with dinner...I made canelloni and topped them with this sauce and my hubby looooooved the sauce! he says its better than the normal marinara sauce we usually buy. Only made one small change....instead of canned tomato sauce, I used 5 oven roasted tomatos (I just put 5 Roma tomatos in a cookie sheet in the oven and then pureed them). Grrrrrrreat!
- 453.59 g can tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in medium-sized saucepan.
- Saute onions and garlic until brown.
- Add tomato sauce and stir.
- Lower heat to medium-low.
- While stirring, add rosemary, basil and oregano.
- Allow sauce to bubble.
- Sprinkle with sugar and mix again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately, or transfer to plastic container for storage.