Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
1 16 oz. can tomato sauce 1/2 cup chopped onions 1 tsp. minced garlic 1 tsp. dried basil 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary 1/4 tsp. oregano 1 tsp. sugar 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in medium-sized saucepan.
- Saute onions and garlic until brown.
- Add tomato sauce and stir.
- Lower heat to medium-low.
- While stirring, add rosemary, basil and oregano.
- Allow sauce to bubble.
- Sprinkle with sugar and mix again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately, or transfer to plastic container for storage.
Absolutely awesome! Just got through with dinner...I made canelloni and topped them with this sauce and my hubby looooooved the sauce! he says its better than the normal marinara sauce we usually buy. Only made one small change....instead of canned tomato sauce, I used 5 oven roasted tomatos (I just put 5 Roma tomatos in a cookie sheet in the oven and then pureed them). Grrrrrrreat!
Yum-O!! I absolutely loved this quick and easy recipe which i used as a dipping sauce for my baked panko parmesan chicken fingers. Two thumbs up!! Thanks.
Delicious and easy to make.