Cook2 hrs 30 mins
These are a bit time consuming, but worth the time and fuss.
Make and share this Awesome Twice-Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and pierce several times with a fork.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours (or until fork-tender).
- When potatoes are baked, remove from oven and cool for about 15 minutes (or until easy to handle).
- Slice each potato in half (length wise) and scoop out contents into a large mixing bowl - be sure to leave 1/4 thick inch shell.
- Mix together - potato content and sour cream and gradually add heated milk.
- Stir in salt, pepper and garlic to mixture.
- Fill a large baggie with mixture and cut off the bottom tip of the bag (making a pipe decorator).
- Use the baggie mixture to fill your potato halves.
- Place potato halves on a cookie sheet and garnish with cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion tops.
- Bake potato halves in a 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
We love these gems!! I divided one up between the kids and they wanted more. LOL! Thanks for the great recipe!