Recipe by Cherio_Benario
This is truly the best meatloaf recipe I've ever had, and it's actually pretty healthy! (I'm curious to see the nutrition label) I got it originally from my Step-Mom but I've changed a couple things. Your kitchen will smell absolutely amazing, I love making this on cold winter nights!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
This was a nice dinner. It didn't have traditional meatloaf flavors, but it was flavorful and light. DH really enjoyed it. I have to admit I wasn't a fan of the bell pepper in it and missed the flavor that ketchup or bbq sauce adds in a more traditional recipe. This recipe came out nice and juicy and cooked up perfectly. Thanks for sharing this healthy recipe.
- 2 lbs ground turkey or 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small chopped green pepper
- 1 medium chopped red onion
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (I use it from the jar)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (I use flavored)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and spray a roasting pan with cooking spray (I use the olive oil variety).
- Just throw ingredients together in a large bowl and work it up. Don't handle the meat too much, or it may make it tough.
- Form into a loaf in the bowl and then transfer to the dish and finish forming it there. Do not cover.
- Adjust the oven to 350 degrees and place the meatloaf inside. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Enjoy!