Denver Chef's Note:
This is a slight variation on a Rachael Ray recipe. We love it! And don't be scared...it doesn't taste like turkey, and isn't spicey - despite the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell peppers or 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 -6 drops cayenne hot sauce (Tabasco or Chalula)
- 2 teaspoons mccormick's McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (optional) or 4 slices American cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced or mushed (optional)
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 1Combine turkey with all ingredients through the grill seasoning blend.
- 2Divide mixture into 4 patties and drizzle with olive oil to coat.
- 3Grill or pan fry until cooked through. (Don't over cook!)
- 4Add cheese and cook until melted.
- 5Toast kaiser rolls and place cooked burgers on the patties.
- 6Top with avocado.
- 7Additionally, you can add bacon, lettuce, sweet relish, etc. according to your taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 414.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning