Another recipe my mom cut out and gave to me when I moved away for real :-) I love these---love them with raspberry jam but you could use any flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the oven at 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 2 baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- 3In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light.
- 4Add the yolks, one by one, and beat well.
- 5With the mixer set on its lowest speed, beat in the flour just until the mixture is smooth.
- 6Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into smooth round balls.
- 7Press each ball with your thumb to make an indentation.
- 8Fill the indentation with jam, jelly, or preserves.
- 9Bake the cookies in the hot oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until they begin to brown at the edges.
- 10Let them cool completely on the baking sheets.
- 11Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g