Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Another recipe my mom cut out and gave to me when I moved away for real :-) I love these---love them with raspberry jam but you could use any flavor!
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup jam or 3⁄4 cup jelly or 3⁄4 cup preserves
- Set the oven at 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add the yolks, one by one, and beat well.
- With the mixer set on its lowest speed, beat in the flour just until the mixture is smooth.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into smooth round balls.
- Press each ball with your thumb to make an indentation.
- Fill the indentation with jam, jelly, or preserves.
- Bake the cookies in the hot oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until they begin to brown at the edges.
- Let them cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container.
Made these with green lemon curd for St. Patty's Day. Very easy to make and pretty too. I'm going to make them again tonight for my investment club, this time with a variety of home made jams. I will definitely keep this in my recipe file.
Came out similar to a shortbread cookie, but a bit crumbly. I may add an extra yolk next time for some more moisture/binding since I couldn't press to deep into the cookie (I like a lot of jam). I added some Chambord to a Black Raspberry All Fruit Jam. Still yummy.
These are awesome, but don't eat them straight from the oven. The jam tends to be a bit on the hot side. Just ask redmeatgirl. She'll tell you how hot they get.