Recipe by Le Beast
This recipe introduced me to the fantastic flavour of coconut milk and curry paste, its insane how good it is, don't even think of skimping on any of the ingredients, you need them all. Fish sauce is super cheap and you can find it in the asian food isle in your supermarket. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Top Review by Leo's Mom
Wow. I took the leftover can juice from the pineapple chunks, and added a tablespoon of wasabi mayo (found in the Asian market when I went to get these ingredients). Used this as a dressing / marinade for cucumbers. Wow ! Anyway, the red curry paste that I bought didn't really provide the "heat" my family likes, in fact, hardly any at all. I used the 2 teaspoons of this red curry paste, and then added a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (for more moderate, you might try 1/2 teaspoon of pepper flakes).
That did the trick. Added the pineapple chunks just before the final heating, and a sliced baby bok choy & some flat peas.
Thanks for this recipe - will be making again
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon red curry paste (1 for medium 2 for hot)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (unsweetened, not lite)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk lemongrass, first outer layer removed cut in half
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large wok, add the garlic, saute.
- Add the curry, ginger and the thicker cream on top of the can of coconut milk to the wok, whisk.
- Now add the rest of the coconut milk in along with everything but the chicken and pineapple, whisk.
- Bring to a slow boil for 7 minutes, then discard the lemongrass Add the chicken and pineapple and cook till the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 7-9 minutes.
- Serve over Jasmine rice and top with green onion.
- Soooooooooooooo yummy!