1/4 Photos of Awesome Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
Le Beast's Note:
This recipe introduced me to the fantastic flavour of coconut milk and curry paste, its insane how good it is, don't even think of skimping on any of the ingredients, you need them all. Fish sauce is super cheap and you can find it in the asian food isle in your supermarket. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon red curry paste (1 for medium 2 for hot)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (unsweetened, not lite)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk lemongrass, first outer layer removed cut in half
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- chopped green onion
- 1Heat the oil in a large wok, add the garlic, saute.
- 2Add the curry, ginger and the thicker cream on top of the can of coconut milk to the wok, whisk.
- 3Now add the rest of the coconut milk in along with everything but the chicken and pineapple, whisk.
- 4Bring to a slow boil for 7 minutes, then discard the lemongrass Add the chicken and pineapple and cook till the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 7-9 minutes.
- 5Serve over Jasmine rice and top with green onion.
- 6Soooooooooooooo yummy!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 832.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
boneless skinless chicken breasts