Recipe by Marquessa
Chili with a twist! My mother-in-law gave me the basic recipe years ago. Along the way I have tweaked it to our liking. There are many different ways to make it your own. The specifics are just add as much or as little of the ingredients that you like. Hope you enjoy as much as my family does. Also a great winter warm me up!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans (I prefer blue runner creole style)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (7 ounce) can black olives (drained)
- onion (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef & onions and then drain if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients in soup pot (if you like your soup thinner just add some water). Simmer until warm throughout.
- Serve over tortilla chips (my family likes Frito~scoops). Then top with anything you like -- Cheese, sour cream, salsa -- you name it the sky is the limit on this fun family food. I have also served this over Spanish rice rather than tortilla chips.