Recipe by Sara in MD
Pretty basic but always a hit and I'm always asked to bring this to potlucks and showers! I got this recipe from my friend Mandy and I monkeyed with it, as I do with all recipes. Since it can be fattening, I do try and use lean/light products and it tastes just as great but by all means, you can use the full fat options.
Top Review by penelopefaye
Absolutamente fabuloso!! I forgot the "light" but did use lean beef, opened a 15oz can of whole tomatos by accident and so I blended and used instead of sauce, added thinly sliced green onions to the lettuce - I can't bear "hot" so I used mild mccormick taco seasoning, mild jays salsa, mild tobasco and no jalapenos. Used kraft 4 cheese mexican shredded without any added seasoning. Followed measurements except for the 15oz can of tomatos and the added onions.It was a big hit! Everyone raved. I could have doubled the recipe and there wouldn't have been anything left. Very easy and delicious!
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup medium salsa, to taste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 -2 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped medium
- 1 -2 ripe tomatoes, diced medium
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives (approx)
- jalapeno, diced, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheese, of your choice (I use sharp cheddar and jack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first three ingredients well (I use my mix-master), spread in layer on a round serving plate and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Fry ground beef and drain, on low heat add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, salsa and Tabasco till well mixed then cool.
- Spread cooled meat mixture over cream cheese mixture to cover.
- Sprinkle the lettuce, tomato, black olives and jalapenos evenly over the meat layer, to cover.
- Top it all off with the cheese and serve with tortila or nacho chips.
- I usually make this at night for the next day.
- Be prepared, it goes fast!