Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are adapted from an old recipe...you could roll them in coconut instead of nuts like Grandma did, but my hubby hates coconut so I changed it to pecans for us! Prep time doesn't include pre-mashing the potatoes since I do that a day ahead.
- 4 -5 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large marshmallows, per ball
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar, orange juice, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl mix pecans, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Take a marshmallow, press potatoes around it, then roll in pecan mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
I tried these instead of the sweet potatoes I usually make for the holidays. I did half in nuts and half in coconut. My family kind of looked at me funny when I told them what they were, but the ones who tried them said they were good.