This is a combination of a couple of stir fry shrimp recipes I enjoy -- it is very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 44.37 ml peanut oil, divided
- 14.79 ml liquid honey
- 59.16 ml dry wine
- 29.58 ml dark soy sauce
- 1.23 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 118.29 ml julienned onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 1Mix together 1 1/2 TBS of the oil, the honey, wine, soy sauce, orange juice, five-spice powder, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- 2Add the shrimp, making sure to coat them evenly with the marinade; cover and marinate for at least an hour or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- 3Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- 4Heat a wok over high heat until it smokes, and then add the 1 tablespoons Peanut oil. Add peppers and onions, stir fry for approximately 2-3 minutes - remove from wok and set aside. Wipe wok out with a paper towel if remaining oil has become dark.
- 5Heat the remaining peanut oil for a couple of seconds, then add the shrimp and stir-fry for a minute, or until they have turned pink, promptly remove shrimp and set aside - (you do not want to overcook the shrimp).
- 6Pour in the reserved marinade, water & cornstarch. Cook briskly, stirring constantly until it is thick/syrupy, a matter of just a minute or so.
- 7Serve sauce over the shrimp & veggies with your favorite rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Stir-Fry Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 230.4 mg
- Sodium 903.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder