Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a combination of a couple of stir fry shrimp recipes I enjoy -- it is very good.
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 4 tablespoons dry wine
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup julienned onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix together 1 1/2 TBS of the oil, the honey, wine, soy sauce, orange juice, five-spice powder, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp, making sure to coat them evenly with the marinade; cover and marinate for at least an hour or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Heat a wok over high heat until it smokes, and then add the 1 tablespoons Peanut oil. Add peppers and onions, stir fry for approximately 2-3 minutes - remove from wok and set aside. Wipe wok out with a paper towel if remaining oil has become dark.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil for a couple of seconds, then add the shrimp and stir-fry for a minute, or until they have turned pink, promptly remove shrimp and set aside - (you do not want to overcook the shrimp).
- Pour in the reserved marinade, water & cornstarch. Cook briskly, stirring constantly until it is thick/syrupy, a matter of just a minute or so.
- Serve sauce over the shrimp & veggies with your favorite rice.