Uncle 12's Note:
I was inspired to try to make these at home after watching the Travel Channel when they aired a piece about a place called Ted's Restaurant in Meriden, CT. Where he makes these awesome looking, gooey cheese covered burgers. I can't think of anyone who has a steam box like the one Ted uses in his restaurant, and after viewing the episode, I wanted one! So, I grabbed my patty press from the cupboard and went on to try to make these awesome burgers at home with a large frying pan, glass lid, and the wire rack from my toaster oven. Since no flipping is involved, I decided to place a slice of onion on each burger while it steamed. I was very delighted to find that the burgers not only came out juicy and flavorful, but was also surprised on how fast and easy it was, and because there are no grease splatters, clean up was a cinch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1divide ground beef in half and form into 2 six ounce patties.
- 2season with seasoning salt and pepper to your liking.
- 3place a metal rack in the bottom of the frying pan.
- 4add water to a level just below the rack.
- 5heat water on high heat until water begins to steam, reduce heat to medium.
- 6place burgers on rack and cover.
- 7steam for about 10 minutes.
- 8top with cheese, cover and steam an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- 9top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Steamed Cheeseburgers!
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.1
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 175.3 mg
- Sodium 472.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 46.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: