Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so simple to make and oh so satisfying. I took this to a dinner party and a friend who hates spinach even asked for the recipe. It is always a hit and disappears in a hurry.
- 340.19 g washed baby spinach leaves, well drained
- 113.39 g bacon
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml craisins
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 59.16 ml white sugar
- Mix together mayonnaise, rice vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves. Cover and place in refrigerater until just before serving.
- Remove any excess water from spinach leaves and place in large salad bowl.
- Brown bacon until crisp, remove from pan and drain on paper towels and crumble. Add to spinach.
- Discard all but 1 Tablespoon of bacon drippings. Saute sliced almonds over medium high heat until lightly toasted. Add to spinach.
- Add 1/2 cup craisins (can add more or less to taste).
- About ten minutes before serving remove dressing from refrigerator. Stir or shake well and pour over spinach mixture. Toss well and serve.
Lovely. Thank you!
Wonderful salad. I did add some red onion because we love it, but the mix of flavors and textures and the dressing were so good. Thanks, we'll make this a lot.
We absolutely loved this. I had a nice spring mix of salad, which had spinach in it so felt justified to make this recipe. Probably added more craisins and bacon than called for because I was just estimating for the two of us. Loved the almonds in this and the dressing was very good. I only used 2 tablespoons of splenda to get it to our preference. I ate my whole bowl which is very rare for me. Was the hit of my dinner tonight. Thanks Alskann.